CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Iron Chef November

Well I have been meaning to put this post together and now the deadline is upon me so I suppose it's now or never. I have gotten sooo lazy about blogging lately.

Anyhow, Heidi over at Sacred and Profane is hosting another Iron Chef challenge so I thought I would give it a whirl and see how things turned out. This month's topic is holiday recipes. While I don't have an actual "holiday" recipe, I do have one that I take to potlucks and such...whether it's around the holidays or not. Since we spend the Christmas holidays at the in-laws, I don't do a lot of holiday cooking per se. I have actually submitted this recipe for a previous Iron Chef competition but since it wasn't one of the chosen three, I decided I could submit it again. If Heidi decides otherwise, well...so be it.
So without further ado.....

Cheesy Hash Browns

1 sm carton of Sour Cream
1 can of Cream soup (your choice...we use whatever is on hand, usually chicken)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 c chopped onions
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

Mix these together then add
1 bag of shredded hash browns

Put into a large pan (I use 9x13 and I prefer glass)

Topping:
3/4 stick melted butter
1 cup of Crumbs...cornflake, rice krispies, whatever you prefer really
Mix together and put over the top.

Bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes and then Yummy!!

We adore this and everywhere I take it it's gone in a flash.

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

girl this is one of my favorites. Love cheesy hash browns. Yum

heidi said...

Got ya linked up!

Orah said...

That sounds yum - and like a heart attack in a pan. I would still try it.