CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Presents

Well, many moons ago I said that I was going to post pictures of the "crafty" & "green" presents I was making for my parents for Christmas. I am finally getting around to it. I am finding it hard to get back into the groove of blogging regularly(as my sister-in-law has mentioned).

Anyhow, back to the subject at hand. I racked my brain for awhile trying to think of something for them. I am really big into the reusable grocery bags. They are better for the environment but they also keep the ten thousand plastic bags out of my house that accumulate so quickly! I decided to make each of them a set of 4 reusable bags. I looked high and low for tote bags large enough to be grocery bags with not much luck. I finally decided to make them myself. So I bought some heavy canvas and some webbing.

I did some research online and found some easy directions for a tote bag. I made the first one without too much difficulty but realized that I needed LOTS more webbing. On one of our trips across the bridge, I found a store with webbing in lots of colors, including orange which my mom loves. Unfortunately, I still didn't actually buy enough but I did find tote bags at Michael's. So I ended up making my mom's bags and buying the one's for my dad(since I was starting to run out of time at this point).

Once I had all the bags, I had each of the girls decorate one (which is why it is a set of 4 bags). They decorated my dad's with fabric paint and my mom's with fabric markers. I found the fabric markers much easier to deal with, no dripping or smearing. All in all, I think they came out pretty cool. I am enclosing pictures of both front and back of each, enjoy!

These are the one's I made for my mom.
Rebecca's










Jaquelyn's










Teresa's









Taylor's










These are the bags the kids made for my dad

Rebecca's










Jaquelyn's










Teresa's









Taylor's

No comments: