I am going to try to do a blog carnival that I noticed on another Heidi's blog, who noticed it on another Heidi's blog who found it at Kasey's blog. Gosh I love that I know how to link things now. It's so cool.
Anyhow, this blog carnival is a 'getting to know you' type thing. Today's is:
List 10 random things about yourself that people might not know or you just want to share.
I am going to assume they mean general people out there in bloggy land, not relatives and friends who happen to read our blogs. (I couldn't think of many because my mind went blank so I borrowed some from the other blogs that were true for me too)
1. I was in the Army for 8 years. I spent three of those years stationed in Germany and one of those deployed to Bosnia. I was sent to Bosnia again one year after I left the first time.
2. I have a tattoo of Winnie the Pooh on my right ankle. (my husband HATES it)
3. I am a HUGE bargain shopper. I can't rest if I think I might be getting a better deal somewhere else. I use coupons everywhere and haunt Target for clearance's on everything they sell from clothes to shoes to food. I also love thrift shops and garage sales. Who needs something new when I can get it for 50 cents and it is nice and worn in and comfy. Especially kids clothes.
4. I sleep with a red & white stadium blanket with the Wisconsin Badger on it that I got from my Aunt Dianne when I was a teenager. I take it everywhere I go, even when I was deployed in the Military.
5. I love, love, love Christmas music. I listen to it all year long. It drives my husband and older kids nuts. I have NOT gotten Rebecca doing the same thing. (oops I mixed up my Monday carnivals)
6. I have never been stung by a bee and I am absolutely terrified of them. Probably because of the fact that I have never been stung and I have built it up in my mind that it is worse than it really is.
7. My husband and I are very different when it comes to the kids and watching/keeping an eye on them. I have a tendency to be more laid back and he is ever vigilant. I suppose we balance out and keep each other from driving our kids insane.
8. I am very picky about my checkbook. Everything has to be my way and entirely in pencil. I can't stand when my husband writes in it because he always uses pen. I am the same with the calendars I use, everything must be in pencil.
9. My favorite ice cream is vanilla. Plain vanilla. Not vanilla bean or french vanilla or anything but plain old vanilla ice cream...especially from the Schwan's man. mmmmm yummy.
10. I have been in 43 out of 50 of the US states. This would be counting driving through states and lay overs. I have driven from Massachusetts to California and many, many others.
Anyone want to join in can head over to Kasey's to read the rules and check out Mr. Linky.