CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another Snow Day

Updated: We have to make up all snow days because our school system does not build any in to their calendar. Sometimes they take days off away, like at Easter, but mostly they just add them to the end of the year.

So we are having another snow day here. I tell ya it's getting ridiculous.
I just looked at the calendar and in the the last 4 weeks, Rebecca has been to school 3 times. That's out of 12 school days. Three have been snow days, 1 holiday and 5, yes that's 5, sick days. Now today was supposed to be the day we were bringing cupcakes in to celebrate her birthday, since it was a snow day on the actual day. Luckily, I was thinking ahead and hadn't acutally made the cupcakes yet so I am not stuck with extra sweets in the house.

3 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

That really stinks. We have a 2 hour delay here which cancels preschool. All for a tiny bit of snow!

And there are two holidays this month too.

I hope she is able to bring cupcakes another day!

heidi said...

Slacker. ;-)

Do they have to make them alend of the year?

Orah said...

UMMMMM, I am from Chicago. We don't get snow days unless the snow is coming down in white sheets. Even Obama mentioned this. I don't understand all your snow days, it is not a language I speak. We have snow, that means we GO!!! And hopefully we are behind a plow.

(PS, Thanks for all the birthday wishes to Ro.)