Hey, hey, hey, it's Friend Makin' Monday. Time to share tidbits about ourselves and meet new people. This week, Kasey's Friend Makin' Monday is 10 things we cannot live without and why.
1. My computers. At the moment I only have my laptop but I miss my desktop tremendously. The laptop is ok but Pogo does not work on it for some reason and I miss playing games a bunch. I am seriously attached to being connected. I love checking out blogs, email and just surfing around.
2. My camera. I love taking pictures of the kids, especially the little ones. You know, since they still smile nicely and don't roll their eyes and grimace when I want to take their picture...so far.
3. Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew. The only two soda's I like to drink. I will drink something else if I have to but I will not drink cola at all.
4. Big desk calendars. With 4 kids each having multiple activities, a huge calendar is a necessity around here. I have one on my desk and one in the kitchen with everything on it from who is playing softball and where to what's for dinner tonight.
5. Christian Schools. Jaquelyn goes to a local private Christian school that I really like. The older two went to the same type of school until they got to middle school and we just couldn't afford to have all three in a private school anymore. I love the A Beka curriculum that they used to use but now it's only in the youngest grades, through 2nd I think. The current books are ok and I wouldn't trade the small, homey school for the big public one. I can't wait for Rebecca to go there for kindergarten. They actually start at 4 but we just can't quite swing the tuition for both of them this fall. Hopefully something magical will happen by the time she's ready to start.
6. Books. I love to read. All the time.(when I can fit it in of course) I love series especially like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books and Sue Grafton's Alphabet Mysteries.
7. Coupons. I am a tried and true coupon shopper. I scrounge for coupons everywhere, to include digging around in the big recycling area near our house for the ones other people have recycled. It's like getting 5-6 Sunday papers worth of coupons each time. Free money!!
8. Thrift Shops. Whether it's Goodwill, Salvation Army or our own favorite Value Village. I could not live with out these amazing gold mines. My previous post was full of goodies we just got from there and I still have another post to put together for the rest of what we picked up. All for less than the cost of one prom dress , which is what we went there for...and found for a steal.
9. Harrisons Transmissions. This is our local garage that we frequent....frequently. This place has bent over backwards to stand behind their work. They have replaced my serpentine belt about 6 times since they first fixed it in February of 08. At no charge to me. They finally found the right part through many trials and errors and mis-advice from the Dodge parts people. This one has managed to stay on since this past December. I think it's finally here to stay. We get all our vehicle problems taken care of there and I wouldn't think of going anywhere else. The owner is a great guy who always comes out and says Hi and lets us know what's going on this time. He tells us what has to be fixed now, what can wait, and how long we can wait until it will cost more to fix. Nothings beats a trustworthy, great mechanic!
10. Shoes. I have two favorite pairs/types of shoes. First and foremost, white and navy blue Reeboks. I love these shoes and have been wearing them for many years. I have a least 3 pairs that I can think of and probably more. Each one lasts about 2-3 years before I destroy it beyond wearability. I search high and low until I can find them again and then start destroying the next pair. The others are the Ecco Yucatans my mom got me two years ago for my birthday. They are soooo comfortable. I wear them constantly in the summer months. They are so perfect for doing anything in, the pool, the beach, the park, anything! I am not a flip flop kinda gal and don't even let the girls wear them unless we are going to the pool or beach. Nothing against anyone else out there, I just don't know when they gravitated from beachwear to office wear. I must have missed that memo.
So these are the things I could think of off the top of my head. I'm sure I have forgotten something that will pop into my head in a few days that I will be amazed I forgot but oh well. We'll all get over it, huh.