CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

New Car Shopping

Well, I should start by saying, it is new for us. I am really not into buying brand new cars. Just a big waste of money if you ask me. I am much happier buying used. Anyhow, I am getting off track.

We finally had to break down and trade in Dan's Explorer. He was very unhappy about it but the gas mileage was really killing us. And also the fact that it is a 5 passenger and we have 6 in the family so it was very inconvenient if our minivan happened to break down. So after Dan researched different SUVs and vans for about 6 months, we finally took the leap.

Here is Dan's Explorer that he misses and loves.















And here is what I WANTED to get. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dodge Caravans/Chrysler Town & Country and I especially love them in this midnight blue. Unfortunately, this didn't have all the features we were looking for, but isn't it pretty.
















Here is what we ended up buying. A 2006 Buick Terraza. I suppose I will get used to it but for the most part it is Dan's to drive. It has the built in DVD player which the kids love; Captain's Chairs in the middle, also kid loving; the towing capacity that we need although no tow hitch yet; and fairly decent miles per gallon (which is very hard to find when it has to be at least 6 passenger).

2 comments:

Jennisa said...

VERY nice! We have the midnight blue van, and we LOVE it! Love your choice, too!

heidi said...

Awesome new ride!!! Are there 4 captains chairs or 2 and then a back bench??

I want a new T&C van, too.